The average cost of direct mail advertising depends on a lot of different factors. But if you’re looking for a quick overview that can help you understand all the things that affect direct mail marketing cost – and why it’s worth investing in direct mail – you’re in the right place. In this blog from Replica San Diego, we’ll explain everything you need to know.
Why Use Direct Mail Marketing Campaigns? Because They Work!
First, why bother with finding out the cost of direct mail flyers? Aren’t they outdated? Can’t you just use digital technology and marketing like social media instead?
This is a common misconception. Just because direct mail marketing has been used for years doesn’t mean it’s outdated – or that it’s ineffective. It’s actually extremely effective for certain purposes. Don’t believe us? Here are some statistics that prove it!
- 98% of customers bring in their mail every single day. That means it’s nearly guaranteed that they will see your direct mail message!
- Direct mail has a median ROI (return on investment) of 29%, which is better than both paid search ads and online display ads.
- 73% of Americans say they prefer being contacted by brands via direct mail, as opposed to other advertising methods.
How Much Does Direct Mail Marketing Cost?
The Top 5 Factors
Direct mail advertising costs can fluctuate quite a bit, but every marketing campaign will involve the following basic costs:
- Marketing Copywriting – First, you’ll need to hire a writer to handle the copywriting and editing of your marketing materials. The cost of this can vary depending on the length of the final product – a postcard, for example, will require less text and be less expensive than a flyer or brochure.
- Mailing List – Unless you already have one, you may need to buy a mailing list to make sure your direct mail gets to the right customers. There are lots of websites and companies that specialize in selling direct mailing lists, so do your homework and choose a reputable provider.
- Design – You’ll also need to hire an experienced print designer to develop a design for your direct mail item, which can be a complex process and requires detailed knowledge of digital printing techniques.
- Printing – Beyond design and writing, you’ll also need to pay to have your direct mail items printed by a digital printing company like Replica San Diego. The cost of this varies depending on the project type, number of items printed, materials used, and other such details.
- Mailing/Postage/Distribution – Finally, the USPS will need to be paid to distribute your mail. Depending on the type of mail, this can cost between $0.50 to $3.00 per piece – so this is definitely a major cost to keep in mind when you’re developing a direct mail advertising campaign.
How Much Do Direct Mail Flyers Cost?
They Cost Less at Replica San Diego!
At Replica San Diego, we’re your partner for affordable, below average cost and high quality direct mail advertising. We offer direct mail printing and mailing services – including flyers, postcards, brochures, and more.
We use high-quality printing products and advanced techniques to create impressive, memorable direct mail materials – and since we can handle both printing and mailing, you’ll save money and benefit from enhanced convenience.
So don’t wait. Explore our direct mail printing and mailing services now by getting a direct mail quote online now, or giving us a call at (858) 457-9500 for more information about what we do, and the benefits of working with Replica San Diego for digital printing services.